Now days this is a big problem to choose B.Sc. course after 12th class board examination. As you know job opportunity is going less day by day of general B.Sc. subject then the most of the students start finding alternative. If I talk about some time before it was almost an undiscovered subject. But now as most of the students showing their interest on medical the competition label becomes high drastically. After those high demand subject most the student started thinking about B.Sc. in Agriculture. When you look about the scopes and job opportunity about this subject. You can understand the why this is going to be one the most competitive exam in India.
Now in this article I am going to discuss about the B.Sc. Agriculture in depth. The point that i am going to discuss here
bsc agriculture salary, bsc agriculture subjects, bsc agriculture eligibility, bsc agriculture course details, bsc agriculture entrance exam, bsc agriculture admission.
I am divided this article in some part.
- COURSE DETAIL
- Eligibility Criteria
- HIGHER STUDY SCOPE
- JOB OPPORTUNITY
- SUBJECT THAT YOU HAVE TO DEAL
Let’s start one by one.
- Course Detail:-
As it is a B.Sc. course you have to go after passing 12th or equivalent examination. I will talk detail about the entrance exam of perception guide and more information in another article though I am trying talk about some information brief. If you are thinking about this course then must remember that you must have physic, chemistry, biology as your main subject and mathematic as well. On paper the cut of marks is low but if you look around the competition you can find that the cut of marks not less than 90% according to the last few years stats. This is a 4 years course. Due to a lot of reason agriculture field demand in real life is really high now. Basically department Agriculture deals with land surveying, soil science, water resource management, animal and poultry management, basics of biotechnology, use of modern scientific equipment and techniques in agriculture etc. the agenda of the total course is to train students to increase the rate of productivity a much as possible.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:- though I have already written above here I am just repeat those things once again with some additional information. You have to pass 10+2 Science with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. You have to pass out from a recognized board. If you maintain two conditions you will be eligible to appear on the entrance exam for this. If you ask about cut of marks to be eligible then the answerer is 40-50%. Actually it depends university to university.
- HIGHER STUDY SCOPE:- As Agriculture is necessary every where every country pay high attention on this matter. So there is a lot scope for going abroad for higher studies. If you want you can go for M.Sc. and PhD as a option to gather higher education on this field.
- JOB OPPORTUNITY:- if I divided this in two part this seems to i) private job, ii) govt. job. Talking about Government jobs, State Agriculture Departments recruits Graduates to fill up Officer level posts. Government Banks also recruits Graduates to fill up Officer level posts (generally dealing with Loans).
Talking about Private Sector jobs, graduates may find jobs as Managers at Plantations, as Officers at Fertilizer Manufacturing firms, Agriculture Machinery Industries, Agricultural Products Marketing firms, Food processing units etc.
- SALAERY:- There is no certain salary because the job option is different . If you chose govt. job your salary will be determined according to your post. It is in between 20 000 to 60000 per month. If you choose private job then it may vary company to company depends upon your experiences it gradually increases.
- SUBJECT THAT YOU HAVE TO DEAL:–
- Agricultural Extension: Dimensions of Agricultural Extension, Extension Methodologies, Entrepreneurship Development program. Practical sessions related to the theoretical subjects is also present
- Plant Pathology: Crop Diseases, Nematology. Practical sessions related to the theoretical subjects are also present.
- Horticulture: Fruit Crops, Medicinal Plants, Aromatic Plants, Flower Production, Spices, Plantation Crops. Practical sessions related to the theoretical subjects are also present.
- Agricultural Meteorology: Climate patterns, Climatic hazards on Agriculture, Climatic Zones, Weather forecasting. Practical sessions related to the theoretical subjects are also present.
- Agriculture Engineering: Agriculture Machinery, Power and Tools, Harvest Technology, Environment Science and Engineering, Renewable Energy. Along with the theoretical subjects, practical sessions involving them are also present.
- Agronomy: Basics of Agronomy, Field Crops (Kharif), Field Crops (Rabi), Crop Production, Weed Management, Irrigation Techniques, Water resource management, Organic Farming, Sustainable agriculture. Apart from theoretical subjects, practical sessions are also involved, in case of these subjects.
- Plant Genetics: Botany, Basics of Genetics, Plant Breeding, Seed Technology, Basics of Biotechnology. Apart from the above mentioned theoretical subjects, practical sessions involving these subjects are also present.
- Soil Science: Introduction to Soil Science, Soil Fertility, Soil Chemistry, Fertilizers, Agricultural Chemistry. Apart from the above mentioned theoretical subjects, practical sessions involving the subjects are also present.
- Entomology: Pest Management, Beneficial Insects, Grain Storage and Management. Like the above entries, along with theoretical subjects, practical sessions involving them are also present.
- Agricultural Economics: Market prices, Trade prices, Marketing, Finance, Agribusiness Management, Farm Management. Along with the theoretical subjects, practical sessions involving them are also present.
- Computer Education
- Physical Education
- Animal Products
These are most important subjects that you have to deal with.
Ok! This was a brief over view on agriculture B.Sc. course. In feature we will talk about this matter more. To know all update regularly visit this website. You can ask your questions on our facebook group and as well as twitter use ‘ #askcareerspectacle ’ and the ask your question we will be happy to answer your doubts.